Tuesday, December 1, 2015

New York, New York

Oh New York, what a great weekend. For my first time in New York City, it was much needed and a perfect weekend. I have to say weather wise, I probably got the last great weekend where it was sunny, 60 degrees, and beautiful to walk around Central Park in.

For having only a few days in NYC, I have to say I did good, and got to see A LOT of the city. The first day  I got in, I honestly stayed around my friends work place while I waited for her to get off. I went over to Macys where I watched them get ready for the parade. The "Believe" sign is seriously so much bigger than I thought it would be. And the whole area where they set up is much bigger, the TV really does make it seem so much smaller. After that I went over to Times Square, and tried for my first of four attempts to get to see "Hamilton." I never won, big shocker since there were probably around 500 people each time I tried for one of the 20 lottery tickets.



Even though I was bummed I couldn't be home for Thanksgiving, getting to spend it with my friend's friend family was probably one of the highlights of my trip. That morning we woke up at the crack of dawn to head down to the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade. We didn't realize it till it was too late that we were in a quiet zone for the parade. We got to see everything, but just didn't hear the bands and everything perform.

The next day was my big day of exploring the city. I honestly didn't expect the 9/11 memorial to be like it was. Even though I didn't make it into the museum (line was ridiculous) it was kind of shocking seeing how it was and where it all happened. After that I tried for Hamilton again, big surprise I did not win. Then I ventured up towards the Upper East Side. Seriously, those streets and buildings are gorgeous. If I could live anywhere in NYC I would choose that area in a heart beat. And with the 60 degrees, and sun out it was the perfect day to walk around Central Park and sit on the steps of the Met.



Later that evening, I won the lottery for "School of Rock". The show is still in previews and opens in about a week. I was honestly surprised with how much I loved it. The kids stole the show and were probably the best ones up there. The show itself was very good, and would highly recommend it for anyone. What was probably the best part, was being 10 feet away from Andrew Lloyd Webber and Laurence Connor.



Saturday, me and Claire woke up early and got rush tickets for "Finding Neverland". After that I finally got the chance to see the skyline from the Brooklyn Bridge. I honestly didn't realize how big of a skyline the city is, and how far it goes. After that we headed back to the theatre, and I probably cried throughout the show at least 5 times. The show deserved recognition during last years Tony Awards because it was honestly beautiful. I was lucky where only 1 or 2 of the ensemble were out. To be completely honest though, and i'm not sure if Matthew Morrison was sick, but I wish he had given more to his character. But otherwise I really hope this show sticks around.

This weekend was the kind of break I needed after the past few crazy months, and getting to see friends in New York was such a nice break. After seeing all this, I hope one day (soon!)  I can make my move to NYC. Maybe my soon to be new home?!


No comments:

Post a Comment