Sunday, November 22, 2015

What City Am I In?

I'm not going to lie, that phrase has become a common phrase. Now that we're on Week 7 (or is it 6?), the days are honestly starting to blur together. Thank god, I write down my notes for each show during the show or else I would never know what to put in my nightly reports. Which coming soon, I'm going to post a little bit about what I do for those who don't really know what a stage manager does.

This past week, we have been in the Carolina's all week. And seriously, I LOVE Charleston. Even though I only spent less than 24 hours there, it was seriously such a beautiful city. I don't think I've ever been to a city quite like that. Like its apparently a huge city, but it seemed so small, and quaint. I honestly hope to go back there this year, and actually get to see it (wink MOM wink).



The whole time I was in Charleston I was thinking of the Bravo show "Southern Charm". Yes, I will admit I do watch that show. Not as much for the people, but honestly because of the city. And getting to walk down King St, see all the gorgeous houses by battery park, and performing my the College of Charleston was a great start to the week.



This is definitely one of the reasons why I have loved touring so much. I have gotten to see so many different cities, I honestly wish I had done more site seeing and really enjoying my time before now. At the start of the tour I was honestly so exhausted, and stressed that I was nailed up in my hotel room doing reports from that day, and getting prepped for the next day. I've honestly learned how to use my car time wisely (aka set up office in the back of the car and do everything then).



This coming week, I FINALLY get to go to New York City. This has honestly been a dream of mine since I was little to get to see NYC, Broadway, and all its beauty. Get ready for many pictures and posts on my short visit there.

Till next time!


1 comment: