Monday, November 9, 2015

Hotlanta

This past weekend, we got to spend time in Atlanta. Even though it was only from Saturday to Monday early afternoon, I have to say I loved Atlanta. I had never been before, and even though it was not the greatest weather (it's been raining everywhere we go since Friday...) it was probably one of the best weekends I've had since leaving Chicago.

Saturday we got in late afternoon, and of course had some hotel issues (the door in my room wouldn't close, ugh). That evening my cousin set me up with tickets to go to the Atlanta Hawks game. For my first NBA game, I was definitely spoiled. During the 2nd period, I got to meet up with my cousin and before the start of the 3rd period I was able to go out onto the court. WOW, those guys are ridiculously tall. Being about 5 feet away from them definitely made me feel even shorter than I already am. After that me and Virginia watched the game from the members section which was an amazing view to watch the game.



Later that night we got to go out in Atlanta, and it is a fun town. I definitely got the friendly southern attitude from everyone, especially when we were a little confused with the Marta. Overall, it was a pretty great night and it felt good it get out and do something other than work.

The next day was more of a lazy day, and I got to see the downtown area when picking up/ dropping off people. That night I got to see my cousin again, and have my first home cooked meal in literally a month. No joke, not having something that came from a restaurant was probably the best thing all weekend. When I'm back home I will definitely be doing more cooking.

Its crazy that we are finally starting to make our way back east coast. I'm so excited to spend time in NYC for thanksgiving, and even more excited for after thanksgiving to see a lot of places on the East Coast i've never seen.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment