Monday, September 28, 2015

Final Week of Rehearsals...

Time has seriously flown by since I arrived in Boston. I honestly feel like it was just yesterday that I got here, and started working for this company.  Its crazy to think that this is the last week we are in the rehearsal space, and starting Saturday we will be teching the show at Babson college. Although i'm excited to begin tech, the thought of how far away it is and how much earlier I will have to be getting up next week is not exciting. Oh well, that's life.

I have to say I am sad to think that I will be leaving this city. Although I've come to hate the public transportation (SO slow, and unreliable), it really is a gorgeous city and this time around i've really gotten to explore more than what i've done before. I've been taking advantage of my day off, and its been fun. And the nice weather definitely helps with it.

This past day off I decided to continue seeing the more historical side of Boston. I've definitely always been into history, and I love getting to see all these old places that have such fascinating history. I think this is why I loved Europe so much this past summer, getting to see all the old places, and imagining with how long they have been there.



I started off venturing to the Bunker Hill Monument over in Charlestown. The neighborhood of Charlestown is honestly so gorgeous. It reminded me a little of cape cod, and all the houses were so unique and adorable. I also forget how narrow the streets are over there, and in the North End of Boston. After walking around the neighborhood, I decided to go up the monument. As a write this my calves are seriously still killing me. It's definitely a hike up the monument, and the small staircase going up it doesn't help.



Next, I continued to venture around downtown, kind of following the freedom trial (I know I was very touristy). I ventured through the Boston Commons, stopped in a marijuana rally, and got to enjoy probably one of the last few warm days (till i'm in the south soon!). After that, I walked down Newbury Street. Seriously, the shopping down there is crazy. 

It was a very enjoyable day off, and much needed for what is coming this week with final rehearsals, and load in. It's going to be a crazy week, and before I know it i'll be on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment